Thursday, June 28, 2012

Windosill


Game Title: Windosill

Platform(s): Flash (Windosill) PC (via Steam). Also available on iPad.

Stars (out of 5): 4

Content issues: None. As clean as a game can be.

Brief Summary: This game is a physics-puzzle game. The player is required to manipulate the objects in the world in order to acquire a cube that serves as a key to open the door to the next level.

Like: This game is very clever. The simple shapes and colors make for a pleasing art style. The physics and animations are exceptionally impressive. The controls are very simple and intuitive (click or click and drag) and the puzzles are a delight to discover and unravel. I love how nearly everything can move in physically realistic ways, and how everything is very responsive to the user's touch. In many games I see lots of objects in the world and I want to be able to interact with those objects so that I feel like I am in a real place. Most games do not deliver that, but this one definitely does.

Dislike: It's incredibly short. I beat the entire game in 30 minutes. That said, the game is priced accordingly. It is inexpensive and those 30 minutes were quite enjoyable. It is a bite-sized puzzle experience.

Replayability: Relatively low. I can see myself looking back at this game to get inspiration for cool things to do in games with Physics and could play this game again in a year or two after I have forgotten how the puzzles work (This is really how I feel about all puzzle games. For example, I played Braid again a few years after my original playthrough and I had forgotten enough of the puzzles for it to be fun again.)


No comments:

Post a Comment